Wednesday, November 17, 2010

End of Term Reflection

I believe that this term has gone very well for me. I think that I really got a chance to improve on my physical skills of drawing and painting but also on my skills of being about to come up with an idea that is relevant and makes sense with what we are doing. I have learned how to control my brush more while painting, shading correctly with paint, how to make shapes look 3-D with paint, how to draw people's faces so that they look more real and how to brainstorm ideas more efficiently. I think that I have grown both skill wise and idea wise as an artist this year. Last year I would need to have someone telling me that my ideas are good and that they would work well every step of the way, now I feel a bit more independent on my ideas and try to make them work regardless of what other people say. Something that surprised me was how much good looking work I could get done in a short-ish amount of time. Another thing was that my brainstorming process takes a very long time so I don't usually get started on projects until later, I was surprised at how long it really takes me to come up with an idea. Some of my biggest successes would have to be my finished work. I especially like my "what if project" and my "heros" project and how they look and are turning out. I would say one of my biggest challenges is many technical things that I struggle with (mostly making drawings or paintings look real) but also my lack of confidence in my art and the process. At the beginning of this term I would have advised myself to try and move through brainstorm a bit faster so I would have more time to work on the actual piece of artwork. I would say to continue growing as an artist I will have to work on my confidence in my art and also working on more realistic drawing and painting.

No comments:

Post a Comment