Friday, September 10, 2010

Blindfold Drawings

I didn't feel very confident about doing a drawing where I couldn't actually see what I was drawing, but it didn't really matter all that much to me because I am not the best realistic drawer anyways..
The blindfold actually really helped me picture the place that I was thinking about because without seeing anything else around me now it put me where I was trying to draw.
At the beginning of drawing I tried to draw like I normally do but I quickly realized that that wouldn't work very well. I tried to not take my pencil off the page so that I had more of an idea that how big I was making things and where my lines ended and started. I also would try to feel the paper to see where I was drawing certain things so I could draw other thing in accordance to it.
The outcome is not as good as I would normally want it to be but given that I couldn't see what I was doing I would say it came out pretty well.
This drawing is harder to figure out depth and what things are supposed and there is a lot less detail then my normal drawings would have.

No comments:

Post a Comment